Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Whole30: DAY1

Today was the beginning of thirty days of thoughtful eating. I feel ready to follow this through and ready to take on the challenge of analyzing food choices. Of course, it is only Day 1 and I typically quit diets at Day 3, thus all this talk about being dedicated is cheap at the moment. Check back in two days to see how much I really want to fight cravings and stick with it.

Food in my face today:
Breakfast - smoothie of banana, peaches, strawberries, grapes, cranberries, blueberries, orange juice, and spinach ( I know the Whole30 says smoothies are not good because you shouldn't drink your calories but, DAMN, I really love a good breakfast smoothie). One hard boiled egg yolk (my kid ate the white part so all I got was the yolk).

Lunch - salad of spinach, avocado, peppers, hard boiled egg, hamburger patty from last night's dinner, and cucumber. Raisin and almond trail mix. Apple. Black coffee (yuck! If I didn't mind a caffeine headache on top of sugar withdrawal then I would not be drinking black coffee).

Dinner - chicken with coconut breading, steamed broccoli, roasted sweet potato chips. Apple. Banana. (Only problem with dinner is that it took a long time to make and that was after work, shopping, and doing chores, so by the time I ate I was so hungry that I was seeing double).

So far so good.....

No comments: