Saturday, January 17, 2015

Day 4

Day 4 and still with it. It's a little exhausting to think about food all the time, though. I suppose this focus on eating will relax as I get in the grove of cooking and eating under the Whole30 rules. I have been carefully following the rules so far. If I am in doubt about the ingredients of something, I just don't eat it. I did have to break that rule because tonight because I went out to dinner and had to hope that the grilled chicken and veggies weren't secretly doused in sugar. It's hard to know if what you order will follow the Whole30 unless you grill the server about every part of the meal. I am not the sort of person to question the server or make annoying demands about my food. And I would never refuse something that was served, even if it isn't right. I have eaten moldy food at two different restaurants before and never said a thing, for crying out loud! So I am really not going to ask if my food has sugar, dextrose, or carageenan in it. It took all I had to ask to switch out the potato for a salad tonight.

One of the more interesting side effects of this diet has been a complete lack of desire for snacks. I really don't get the urge to eat outside of normal meals. Before the Whole30 I used to eat only snacks some days. It used to be a constant train of food down my throat. Today, I ate three normal meals and no snacks. I wasn't hungry. I just didn't feel like eating extra stuff. Interesting.....

Food in my face today:
Breakfast - smoothie and black coffee

Lunch - leftover coconut curry chicken and cauliflower

Dinner - grilled chicken with onions, peppers, and zucchini, and a plain garden salad

No comments: