Monday, February 2, 2015

Day 20: Snow Day

I wome up this morning to -4F and blowing snow. Ugh.... After a short internal debate, I decided that driving thirty minutes through the snow in a no-wheel drive car on a day when I have nothing time sensitive at work to do wasn't worth it. I stayed home and binge read Fifty Shades of Grey, which was the dumbest book I have ever read. I don't know which part was more idiotic: the repeated, improbable sex scenes, Ana's ridiculous inner goddess BS, her idiot inability to realize that Christian actually likes her, or her conviction that she can change him. I can't stomach the idea of reading the sequels because if I have to read two more books that involve the flip-flop "he loves me, he loves me not" garbage, I will actually barf. If you took out the sex scenes it would be the most boring book on the planet.

Ok, enough of that. Other than eating too many pumpkin seeds, I ate some good stuff. I had a morning smoothie. Lunch was a scramble of bacon, roasted potatoes, veggies, and eggs. I recycled the fresh salsa from yesterday into a yummy ceviche for dinner. I just added some cucumber, more lime juice, some salt, and precooked shrimp. I put that over lettuce and spinach with an avocado. So good!!

I have been doing some doubling up on meal prep. When I made almond crusted zucchini fries the other day, I took all the leftover batter and breading and put it into meatballs. Yesterday I used the juices from making the chile lime marinade to add to the salsa. I am beginning to remember how much I like cooking. Good times.

No comments: