Sunday, March 15, 2015

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

Still rocking the Whole30/paleo life. I made mini "cheesecakes" today. And by "cheese" I mean cashew butter with maple syrup. And by "cake" I mean pecan crust with dates. It was meh... Definitely not cheesecake by any stretch of the imagination. More like a Larabar on crack. I think I will take them to work and pass them off on the starving post-docs. They will eat ANYTHING. Even if it is gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, vegan, paleo nonsense.

Dinner was a hit except for the eleventy-bajillion hours it took to make it. I made curry coconut chicken fingers from Pasta to Paleo, warm Asian Brussels slaw from Nom Nom Paleo, and roasted sweet potatoes. It was so yummy that I couldn't stop stuffing it in my face! Now I am super full. Of course, not too full to not eat two more of the questionable "cheesecakes".

I think I hate making chicken fingers the most. I would rather go shoe shopping with my four year old than make chicken fingers. Not only do they require a ton of steps, but they require dirtying every dish in the house. Also fishing raw chicken out of raw eggs is just gross. I really don't like the gunky fingers you get from dredging the chicken. I have tried using kitchen forceps to pull the chicken out of the eggs and get it in and out of the breading but that doesn't always work. There's always that one piece of chicken that gets lost in the eggs and you are forced to go in by hand to get it out. Yuck. At least the darn things were tasty.

No comments: