Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Ode to a Blue Plastic Sled

Oh! Blue plastic sled you were so cheap
I didn't think you could handle snow so deep
Now you are my best winter friend
I will cry when your plastic life comes to an end
I can use you to haul feed to the barn
50 lbs, 100 lbs, 200 lbs! You don't give a darn!
I use you to haul manure when the snow is punky
So what if it makes you smell funky
I use you to pull my kid while on my skis
You make winter fun such a breeze
$300 for ski-joring gear?! That's crazy you see!
A $15 blue plastic sled and a dog leash works for me
You help me groom trails by smooshing snow flat
I love it and you can't beat that
Six years old and still going strong
Who knew your life would be so long?
So this, dear sled, I say to you
Please keep on doing the things you do

No comments: