Time for everyone's favorite game: "You know you live in the North Country when...."
1. It's 20F and you remove a layer of clothing because "it isn't that cold out".
2. It hits 40F and everyone is wearing shorts.
3. It's sunny with clear blue skies and snowing.
4. It's -10F out and you think it could be worse, at least it isn't -20F.
5. It's -20F out and you finally put on your mittens because last time you froze your bare fingers to the door knob.
6. You're driving 55 mph in blinding snow and get passed by a Ford Focus.
7. Everyone passes the plow truck .... always, no matter where.
8. "A dusting" equals 3" of snow in 1/2 hour
9. The weatherman on TV says "and more snow in the mountains" and you know that means 6" - 12".
10. You automatically discount the predicted temperature on TV by -10F no matter what it says.
11. The snow you saw hit the ground in October is the same snow you see when it thaws in May.
12. It's okay to walk/drive/snowmobile on the ice of a frozen lake 24 hours after it was open water.
13. You actually can point to the "North Country" on a NYS map.
14. A hot date night in the winter is english muffin pizzas, a bottle of Jack, and Jeopardy.
15. You see more than two people walking through the mall with crampons on their shoes.
16. Winter is your favorite 8 months of the year!