Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Why does everything have to die or turn to $#%$!!

It never fails - just about the moment I think one thing is going to happen, the exact opposite does. Last night my best nanny goat, Gloria, was running a fever and acting very listless. I wormed her and tried to get her to eat. She wouldn't do much except lie around. I went to bed very discouraged, assuming she would be dead in the morning. I have trouble believing the goats will be fine, despite my best efforts.

I went out to do chores in the morning with a cloud over my head. I poked my nose inside the barn and heard Gloria cry to me. She was alive and doing better. She was eating a little and slightly more perky. Her fever had broke. I was relieved. I finished the goat chores and went to check on the chickens. Out in the chicken pasture laid one of my Auracana hens, flat on her back. She had died in the night. I looked her body over and couldn't find a reason for her passing.

It always seems like if it isn't one thing, it's the other!

No comments: